Wednesday, February 28, 2007

36 Years Ago, Today...

...(yup, you guessed it, another birthday in the house) my mother-in-law (bless her heart) gave birth to a goofy kid named "Curtis". I don't know what happened between writing his name on the social security application/birth certificate and grade school, but somewhere in there, his name would be changed and from then on he would forever be known popularly as "Butch". The only people that call him by his birth name are business callers, telemarketers, teachers, and the people who write the phone book. Well, I'm surely glad his mom and dad decided to get hitched and invent him because I can't think of any man who would be more right for me. It actually repulses me to think about being with anybody but Butch for the rest of my life.

A Poem For Butch (don't worry, I haven't gone all soft on ya, it's supposed to be funny):

I don't know who could fill your shoes
should you die from too much booze...

Or fall from something you have built,
after living your life to the hilt.

I don't think it's possible to think of how
my life would be without you now...

So I won't.

Instead I'll dream of the years to come.
How much you'll say "I'm gonna get me some"...

After chasing me around the kitchen once more
and asking me, "Did you remember to lock the door?".

"How did I get so lucky" I am always thinking.
And believe me, that's not even after I've been drinking!

I mean it!

So now we've been married almost 14 years,
and even though you've given me many reasons for tears,

I couldn't have asked for a better hubs than you.
Who loves his children so much and sticks to me like glue.

I wonder how come you love me so much?
It must be that I haven't lost that magic touch!

And neither have YOU!

Okay, I know it's a little sketchy, but I'm NOT a professional poet (I just look like one) so cut me a little slack in that department, m'kay?
Hubs, you know I love you so much and now so does everyone else in the blog-oh-sphere! I miss you when you're gone for work but I love when you come back and I'm not even saying that because you come back and play with the kids to get them out of my hair...I'm saying it because I miss your presence and your love and respect for me. I love how you make me feel like the smartest, kindest, prettiest, mommiest, queen-of-the-universe wifey even though I know I'm not nearly as good as you make me out to be. No one could love me like you do. Nobody deserves the kind of love you give me, least of all, me. I will try to do my best to be deserving of that love for the rest of your life. I promise. I pinky swear, even.