Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Why I'm A CONSERVATIVE First, Republican...Maybe* UPDATE

I was invited to pay 95 buckeroonies to go to a special pro-life gathering honoring Sarah Palin (a couple of months ago). Trine and I were going to go and hob knob with our hero, Phyllis Schlafly and get to meet the interesting Governor of Alaska.

We were kicking ourselves that we didn't buy tickets when we heard she had been chosen as the VP candidate.

Looks like we would have been disappointed anyway.
I know that schedules change and such, but would it be too much to ask for just a few minutes with the people that kept the conservative identity of the party alive all these years? Especially Mrs. Schlafly who is, in my opinion, the epitome of authentic womanhood. She is what Sarah Palin should wish to be when she grows up.

The worst criticism of her over the years has come from "feminists" who want to shut her up. They don't see that a woman always has/always will have "equal rights" but different talents. In the U.S., we have the FREEDOM to enjoy working with the talents God gave us to do whatever we want within our abilities! How dare they criticize her for achieving her goals and fighting for the little ones who REALLY HAVE NO VOICE? Oh, wait, I know how they dare! Because we have the freedom of speech! I know it would be so much easier to shut someone up when you don't know how to argue with them anymore, but we don't have the RIGHT to do THAT!


...rant to resume after I have a nice day with the kids. We are going for a nature walk in the low 70's weather we're having. I LOVE FALL!!!

* I talked to my sis today and she said she was listening to Laura Ingraham this morning. Laura said that she was at that reception and that she understood why they had to keep Gov. Palin "under wraps" and not let her attend the reception. I still think it would have been amazing if she showed up, but it would have been just as cool and amazing if we had gone to see Laura! We saw her speak at a country club one time when she was still receiving treatment for cancer. She is just incredible. Check her out some time if you get a chance.