Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December Movie Review

MAN! IT WAS COOOOOOLD TODAY! So, I decided to get the kids out of the house so they would stop climbing the walls and bugging each other. I also had to use the gift card that I got last year for the theater. It was 25 bucks, so I only had to shell out 5 dollars for all of our tickets!

We went to see The Princess and the Frog.

I thought it was going to be some super PC movie about black and white, injustice, blah blah blah...

BOY! Was I pleasantly surprised! I actually cried...well..."teared up a little" at some of the parts. I really liked the voices, the story, the characters...pretty much every thing about it. I can't really think of ONE controversial thing about it. There's a little bit of "voodoo" reference, but what Disney movie DOESN'T have some "magical, fantasy" aspect? They didn't over-do that part, and it was so unbelievable, you don't leave there thinking "Oh no! They're trying to turn my kids into superstitious voodoo priests!" or anything like that.

Thumbs up. Go see it. Even Mari and Tommy watched and stayed still for the whole thing. The 10 previews before the movie, I could have done without (Especially the Chipmunks movie...that one looks seriously disturbing.)!